WackoWiki is a small, lightweight, handy, expandable, multilingual Wiki-engine based on Wakka Wiki written in PHP, which uses MySQL to store pages. WackoWiki has an WYSIWYG-like editor, easy installer, many localizations, email notification on changes/comments, several cache levels, design themes (skins) support, HTML5 compliance, page rights (ACLs), and page comments. WackoWiki is licensed under BSD.
WackoWiki is developed by Russian programmers, but it is not a Russian-only engine. At the moment it supports RU, EE, EL, EN, ES, DE, DA, FR, NL, IT, PL, PT, MD, and BG languages. WackoWiki was forked from the famous WakkaWiki engine in 2003 when Hendrik Mans and Carlo Zottmann, the original developers, abandoned it.
- Designed for speed and extensibility
- Quick and easy installation
- Integrated user management
- Access control through per-page access control lists
- Integrated page-commenting functionality
- Full revision control
- Easily customizable
- Supports multiple sites running off the same Wakka installation
- clusters (subpages) & relative addressing
- page watching & email notification on changes/comments (simple diff included in email)
- enhanced What You Think Is What You Get editing — table markup, Open Wiki-compatible markup
- Links can be Camel Case or Free Links
- powerful diff between revisions
- several levels of caching (backlinks, pages) bring significant performance gain compared to Wakka
- automatic Table Of Contents generation
- on-the-fly correction of punctuation typos & special characters (Typografica project)
- design themes (skins) support.