Template:Infobox Software Template:Portal LeechCraft is a free open source cross-platform extensible software, which primary goal is support of file sharing networks and protocols like HTTP and FTP. It is currently under heavy development and is in beta testing stage.
Development[edit | edit source]
C++ programming language is chosen for its resource-efficiency and portability. Platform independence is achieved using Qt framework, some plugins use Boost C++ Libraries. CMake is used as a build system.
There is no schedule for new releases, they come out as they are ready.
Plugins system[edit | edit source]
LeechCraft uses plugins concept. Main module does nothing network-related, instead, it manages plugins and provides plugin intercommunication capabilities. There are also bundled libraries with commonly-used functions and classes.
Stable plugins[edit | edit source]
BitTorrent[edit | edit source]
Provides facilities for working with BitTorrent protocol.
- Powerful search mechanisms including regular expressions;
Core library supports:
- Mainline DHT support (trackerless torrents);
- IPv6 support;
- Peer exchange;
- NAT-PMP and UPnP port mapping;
- Sparse files and compact file allocation support;
- Local peer discovery support;
- Metadata transfer (downloads .torrent files from the swarm);
- Multitracker extension support;
- Supports files > 2 gigabytes;
- HTTP seed support;
- UDP tracker support;
- no_peer_id and compact tracker extension support;
- Dynamic request queue size;
Aggregator[edit | edit source]
Aggregates RSS 2.0 and Atom 1.0 feeds. Support for automatic link extraction and pushing them to other plugins is planned. This is especially useful when one wants to subscribe to a BitTorrent tracker's feed and automatically download torrents matching particular regular expression.
Key features are tagging instead of traditional folder ordering and regexp-capable search system.
HTTP/FTP[edit | edit source]
Supports HTTP and FTP protocols.
- Continues broken and interrupted downloads;
- Detects local file actuality (if the remote one is newer);
- FTP server mirroring;
- Tasks queue.
Plugins in development[edit | edit source]
Remoter[edit | edit source]
Provides remote (through HTTP) program administration services. Currently required interfaces are implemented only in BitTorrent plugin.